Friday, April 07, 2006

Saving tips when on holiday

Ok so I am a away for a long weekend and I need your tips on how to cut down on expenses while on holiday. I realize that I am on holiday and I need to spend a bit of extra cash to make sure I have a good time but I don't want to spend so much that I go home regretting what I have spent.

So, it's a call out the the Personal Finance Bloggers!!

How do you prevent spending your life savings while on holiday!?

The person who gives the best tip will win some rock or fudge from my little trip!

4 Comments:

At 4:14 pm, Anonymous jim said...

My best tip is to leave all your credit cards behind, bring no plastic and bring all cash. Between being worried you'll run out of money for some unforseen emergency and the actual act of pulling out real cash to pay for something, you'll definitely spend less than you otherwise would.

Do this at your own risk. :)

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger Blaine Moore said...

Don't buy a lot of alcohol. If you are going to drink, buy something like a guinness and sip it rather than buying 4 or 5 buds that you drink in the same amount of time. Then you avoid the hangover, as well.

If you can walk, it is cheaper than taking a cab.

 
At 9:08 pm, Anonymous Nick said...

Bring food! Pre-made lunches, a box of cereal, microwaveable food, etc. You save about 50-90% with every meal you "prepare" yourself.

 
At 12:38 am, Anonymous Financial Fruition said...

I guess Jim gets the fudge. It's all about bringing cash! Set a limit and bring that amount of cash. It will make you think before you purchase anything because you have to make it last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home