Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Combine your search for deals online and offline

The following is a brief summary of the process I go through to find the best deals I can for something such as car insurance.
  1. Ring my current provider and get a new quote.
  2. Run an online search, preferably with a website which will run quotes through lots of companies.
  3. Run more online searches, change details slightly each time (I don't lie just different senarios, for example, insurance for myself, insurance for my girlfriend - myself as a named driver etc etc).
  4. Get best quote and ring back current supplier and explain what you have been quoted, if they can match it, get something in writing.
  5. Go back to the best quote provider and explain you have beaten their quote, if they can match or beat the quote get it in writing.
  6. Find a provider who promises to match the quotes and give money back. - In a lot of cases you can find a provider who offers to match all quotes and give you money back. E.g;

IN the UK at the moment Barclays is offering to match your car insurance quote and give you £50 back if you find it cheaper else where. (obviously there may be conditions which should be checked first).

This might seem extensive (which it is) but I did this in less than 30 minutes last weekend and it ended up saving me over £200. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home