Thursday, March 16, 2006

How much house can $300 000 buy where you live

JLP of All Things Financial recently posted that he was looking at buying a house in Houston for roughly $300 000 and was interested about the difference in house price for a similar house in a different area. It is a topic that interests me greatly as I am looking to get into property investment.

Jim from Blueprint then commented about how it would be interesting to see what sort of house you could buy for $300 000 in other peoples areas (great idea):

"While I doubt he intended for something like this to go viral, I think it’s a fun comparative game along the lines of Cap’s What’s In Your Wallet..."

So, here is mine. I live in the UK in the north, but thats not very interesting so I am going to post about London. This is one property that I found for £170 000 which is roughly what $300 000 converts to.
Don't get excited, it's not the whole building...it's a one bedroom flat but apparently quite "spacious"...

Now compare it to the houses that Jim and JLP found...ouch.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 am, Blogger Jose Anes said...

I feel better now.
I thought that what I could get in Marlborough, MA was preety small.

 
At 6:29 am, Blogger Sandy said...

Hi,

I was surfing net for some finance articles when I got your site and found your articles very unique and interesting.



I am impressed with your site as it is helping people in taking their financial decision. So, I would like to send an article based on your theme to post in your site. My article will be unique and quality one and also help your site to get more traffic. In return you will get a back link from a quality site.

Waiting for your valuable response.

Regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home