Monday, March 13, 2006

Another ridiculous idea!

Ok, so from time to time I have these stupid ideas that can only make you a few quid a week. I am the sort of person who is willing to get my hands dirty and get out there and try these ideas.

The snow was thick yesterday and it rained overnight and froze up, it was pretty much a death trap just crossing the road, ofcourse it is typical that the salters miss my street!

Anyway, to the point, I went out and de-iced both my car and my girlfriends car, it took me about 10 minutes to do both, I used a little de-icer spray my girlfriend had left in her car but none on mine. As I was doing it, I looked up my street and each of the cars needed de-icing, I couldn't stop thinking that most these people would love to have their car de-iced. I nearly slipped about 5 times just walking around the cars which just made me more certain that people would be willing to fork out a couple of quid on icy days.

I can imagine people not wanting to get up and do this for tons of reasons, including it being dangerous if you are not agile on your feet, it being cold and quite painful scraping thick ice. The thing that annoys me the most is it slows you down when you are running late.

I think I am going to put my idea to test, I will just do it on my street as I don't want to have to get up at 2am just to finish all the cars. I will post a leaflet through each of the houses, if some people return it to my house, great! If not, I have lost nothing. I will keep you posted...In the mean time any ideas on what you think would be a fair price, let me know.

If I wasn't the one to do this kind of thing I am sure I would probably say yes if someone asked me!

2 Comments:

At 2:50 pm, Blogger Single Ma said...

SNOW!!??!!?? Where are you?

This is a great idea. I absolutely HATE scraping ice off my car. I'd pay for the service, for sure.

 
At 4:02 pm, Anonymous Dave said...

hehe yeah, i live in the north of the UK, we've been gettin loads of snow recently. :(

Glad you think it's a good idea, wasn't sure how well it would go down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home